Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Baby Room.

French Doors, trimmed out, ready for mud and tape.

Casey was very proud of his sheet rock work.  
Framed up

    Doing construction in a big city is a bit different then the burbs.  Everything takes longer and just getting supplies to the job is a painstaking ordeal.  Casey and I unloaded The Cocoon and headed to Lowes.  The plan was to throw a wall up which would divide the room and create a little nest for Benji and Kristin's baby.  Eighteen 2 by 6, eight sheets of half inch rock, screws, nails and all those tools I lugged from CA.  We carried it up two flights of stairs and made a couple of piles in the large room which would soon be split in two.  

    Casey and I both met Katies father a couple of years ago when I shot her wedding in PA.  We showed up a day early and drank beer with The General and his buddies as he has come to be known.  He has four stars  from the Vietnam War.  A quite man who has seen more then you or I.  His daughters wedding opened something up in him.  It was truly a magical day (I have shot plenty of weddings, trust me this one was special) everything from her brothers rendition of Bonnie Prince Billy's May It Always Be to the roasted pig which graced our plates.  I could go on and on but that is another post.  Regardless, The General heard we were in town so he sent a case of Lord Chesterfields down with Katie for us.  Builders have been known to put things is walls for people to find years later.  I continued this tradition by cutting up the Chesterfields box and shimming out the wall so the drywall wouldn't crack.   It seemed fitting since the Chesterfields certainly made the task of insulation and drywall much more bearable.  

     Writing about building can be a bit dry so I am going to let the photos do the talking.
ciao
  

1 comment: