Monday, May 18, 2009

Reading MA

Laila Shay puked at just the right time.Brians personal fire hydrant.
Red spheres on the way out of Woodstock.

Brian figuring out how to use his camera.
Baby's smile at me now....that never used to happen, ever.

          Blyth caught the bus back to Manhattan from the town center in Woodstock.  I hung out for another day taking in the hippies and all their 60's paraphernalia.  Hendrix, Dylan and a few others still make up most of the posters in this little town.  There seems to be quite a few different scenes going on here.  You have the holdout hippies who actually attended the original concert, Zen Monks up on the hill, and new money which comes in on the weekends.  It was $6.75 for a bagel with the works.  I am not sure what the works included but shit that's more then this road dog is going to fork out.  I did the Overlook hike which elevates a couple thousand feet up to a lookout tower.  From the top I could see a 360 degree view of 5 different counties and their inviting lakes.  There is also an abandoned motel which was really fun to explore.  I didn't have my camera...classic.  Whenever I leave it I always stumble across really interesting things.  

      I headed out of town trying to hook up with 90 which would take me into Boston.  Before I hit the Toll Road I came across these hanging red spheres that someone hung between two trees.  I stopped and took some photos while traffic whizzed by.  It's really cool to see all the art which seems to grow out of peoples front yards in this area.  Gardens as well, I saw tons of fenced in raised beds which were ready for planting.  I was having ideas of building my own home and living in the country.  

    I convinced my friend Brian to put me up for a couple of nights in Reading which is just outside Boston.  This was was suburban experience for the trip.  He and his wife, Kate live on a really nice street with trees and their own personal fire hydrant.  This thing is about six inches from their driveway...trust me, someone is going to give that thing a little kiss with their bumper and have a front row seat to the water show.  They just had a little girl, Laila Shay.  This little beauty is on her own schedule, she stayed up watching the Celtics game with us.  By eleven  her head was nodding off but she really wanted to stay up.  

   The following day I went for a walk and fixed my speakers which went out a few weeks ago.  I got the back ones working yet the front is still inaudible.  While working on the stereo, the neighbors were wondering who the hell the bearded warrior with CA plates was.  I just smiled and made myself a peanut butter and nutella sandwich on my tailgate.    

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. Rock On!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April. May. June? Damn you are having a way better fiscal quarter than the U.S. economy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. peanut butter and nutella sounds gross

    ReplyDelete